Industrial hemp is hands-down the most sustainable crop on the planet and just might be the magic bullet needed to combat climate change.
Here are 10 reasons why we think it's the best thing since humans invented the taco truck.
- It literally cleans the planet as it grows by absorbing carbon from the atmosphere.
- It grows like a weed (ha!) And requires zero chemical fertilizers.
- It's naturally resistant to pests and therefore needs zero pesticides or herbicides.
- It uses less than half of the land and water required by cotton.
- It's 10 times more profitable than wheat, corn, or soy for the farmers who grow it.
- It nourishes the soil as it grows by returning 60-70% of the nutrients back into the land.
- It doesn't require crop rotation or needing fields to lie fallow.
- It grows in a huge variety of climates.
- It has an estimated 50,000 uses! Seriously! You can make just about anything with it.
- When combined with organic cotton it creates the softest, most amazing shirt fabric we've ever used.
You could literally build your house out of it, stock your kitchen with it and cover your body with it. You can even fuel your car!
In short, it might just be the most amazing plant on the planet - or the entire solar system for that matter - and could very well help us fix a whole bunch of our carbon-related problems.